problem mcstas configure or gcc on d20sgi

Thomas C Hansen hansen at ill.fr
Tue Nov 30 18:40:16 CET 1999

I downloaded the last version of McSTAS again from
http://neutron.risoe.dk/mcstas/download.html, and what worked before does not
work anymore, the configure script fails. I do not know if the error with the
gcc compiler happens due to some problems with the McSTAS distribution and IRIX
6.5 on Silicon Graphics, or if it is related to the recent installation of Irix
6.5 on that Silicon Graphics Workstation. In the first case I would be happy, if
Kristian could give me a hint, in the second one, if Martine Espitallier could
tell me what to do!

d20sgi 3# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
d20sgi 4# pwd
/hosts/d20sgi/users/dif/hansen/mcstas-1.1

Thank you / Merci!

Thomas Hansen