A guide component with intrinsic waviness

Kim Lefmann kim.lefmann at risoe.dk
Mon Oct 15 15:55:13 CEST 2001

Dear fellow simulators,

For McStas 1.5, I have written a guide component with waviness, in
collaboration with P. Boni, TU Muenchen, and P. Allenspach, PSI:

Guide_wavy

The first simulations using this component was presented on the SPIE
conference this summer, and a submitted paper exist in preprint form.

Details about the component:

- rectangular input and output apertures of possibly different sizes
- different m-values, and other reflectivity parameters for each of
the 4 walls
- Gaussian waviness, possibly different in the flight and transverse
direction
- Example reflectivity parameters given in comments
- Gravity NOT included (I might do later if there is a request)

All the best,

              Kim

Kim Lefmann
Senior Scientist