[neutron-mc] McStas not working on SuSE linux 8.0

Peter Willendrup peter.willendrup at risoe.dk
Thu Nov 14 14:59:02 CET 2002

Hi Odile,

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Odile Tillier wrote:

>   mcplot
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/auto/PGPLOT/PGPLOT.so' for
> module PGPLOT:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/auto/PGPLOT/PGPLOT.so:
> undefined symbol: cpgdraw at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

It seems to me that your installed pgplot package _may_ not include the c
library interface, as explained in Emmanuel's FAQ at

http://www.ill.fr/tas/mcstas/FAQ.html

(at "Something seems to be missing in my pgplot. What's wrong with it ?")

This will likely require you to recompile pgplot and perl-PGPLOT packages.

> Therefore all required package are installed: bison flex
> all Perl module on SuSE CD , pgplot 5.2, Perl-PGPLOT PDL PerlTk
> See rpm commands following .

You are right, it seems that all needed packages are there.

Try removing the pgplot and perl-PGPLOT packages and recompile from
sources. Let us know if you have success or not. Do not hesitate to
contact me for further help in this process.

Regards,

Peter Willendrup

--
Peter Kjaer Willendrup, Cand. Scient