[neutron-mc] mcstas 1.4.2 on freebsd

Peter Willendrup peter.willendrup at risoe.dk
Fri Feb 14 16:29:01 CET 2003

Hello Philip,

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Philip Wilk wrote:

> What version should I use?
>
> 1.4.2
> 1.5
> 1.6-ill?

Your problems are probably not related to the FreeBSD system.

If you read the McStas News, shortly after the version 1.4.2 was
released, an announce was issued as:

> Message from the McStas site News 2001:
> "April 26, 2001: A corrected version of Arm.comp is available"

You can get it from <http://neutron.risoe.dk/news/2001.html>, but the
Arm.comp from version 1.5 will also do.
Just copy it to the 1.4.2 lib/optics.
To be sure, it is also attached with this mail.

To answer the other question, Emmanuel Farhi and I are currently
working on a new, common Risoe/ILL mcstas version, which will probably
be out in aproximately two months.

Hope this helps,

Peter Willendrup

--
-------------------------------------
Peter Kjaer Willendrup, Cand. Scient

Phone: (+45) 46 77 58 62
email: peter.willendrup at risoe.dk

*
* McStas, the neutron ray-tracing package: Arm component
*         Copyright 1997-2001 Risoe National Laboratory, Roskilde, Denmark
*
* %I
*
* Written by: Kim Lefmann and Kristian Nielsen