[neutron-mc] Matlab and Scilab

Peter Kjaer Willendrup peter.willendrup at risoe.dk
Thu Nov 13 14:08:54 CET 2003

Hi Robert,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Dalgliesh, RM (Robert)  wrote:

> Does anyone have a method of converting between the Matlab and Scilab script
> file formats produced at the end of a simulation?
>
> If not then I'm sure it should be relatively trivial for me make one up for
> my specific case.
> In addition given the small size of the scripts would it be possible to come
> up with a method of producing both formats at output time, this would be
> convenient in view of the fact that we have Matlab server licence system
> that has a tendancy to run out of licences.

I understand your point completely, we have a similar problem here at
Risoe. (5 licenses for ~ 800 people!!! - A lot of these don't use Matlab
ofcourse..)

The latter of your option seems like a relatively clean solution - we will
take a discussion about this on the dev team. Alternatively, a solution
where the raw datafiles and the format headers are seperated would be
possible.

Cheers,

Peter

--