[mcstas-users] Monitor_nD challenge

gerard at ill.fr gerard at ill.fr
Wed Sep 10 16:23:20 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm again asking for help on Mcstas, but this time for a component
behaving strangely. In this test instrument, highly inspired from the
vanadium example, I have put on parallel two monitors which should give
the same results: the PSD_monitor_4PI and the Monitor_nD with 4Pi & PSD
options. And surprise: the monitor_nD always shows two vertical stripes at
+/- 90°. This doesn't change regardless to the shape or rotation of the
sample, or the absorption. The people I'm working with here also can't
explain this strange behavior, so if someone feels concerned...

Thank you in advance

Lionel GERARD