[mcstas-users] bugs for Monochromator_curved.comp and Guide_tapering.comp

Klaus Habicht habicht at hmi.de
Wed Dec 10 17:33:39 CET 2008

Dear all,

I believe there is a bug in Monochromator_curved.comp:

Executing mcdisplay on an instrument with Monochromator_curved.comp
gives incident trajectories which all end at the middle monochromator
blade. Outgoing trajectories seem to be correct since they emerge from
the whole assembly.

I believe there is a bug in Guide_tapering.comp:

The calculated exit width (a parameter called "Weigth at the guide exit
(w2)" in my case 0.022288) is wrong. For the example:

COMPONENT Elliptically_Tapered_Guide = Guide_tapering(
     option = "elliptical", segno = 100, w1 = WGUIDE, h1 = 0.125,
     l = 2.5, linw = 10000, loutw = 0.4, linh = 10000, louth = 10000)
   AT (0, 0, 0) RELATIVE NL1B_Elliptical_Entrance_Window ROTATED (0, 0,
0) RELATIVE NL1B_Elliptical_Entrance_Window

the analytical formula gives 0.0304 m for the exit width.

With best regards,
Klaus Habicht

Dr. Klaus Habicht
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
SF1 Methods and Instruments
Glienicker Strasse 100
D-14109 Berlin
Germany
Phone    office +49 30 8062 2807
      instrument +49 30 8062 3122
Fax             +49 30 8062 3094

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher
Forschungszentren e.V
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph,
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Michael Steiner, Dr. Ulrich Breuer
Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583