[mcstas-users] Compiling Components

begley at ill.fr begley at ill.fr
Wed Aug 26 15:37:26 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,
                I have written a custom component and am trying to get it
to compile under McStas.

I have found that running mcstas on a component file directly will not
work, and the compiler expects another "DEFINE" block after the end of the
code (this happens even when trying to "compile" existing components with
this method.)

I had written a stub instrument which contained a single instance of my
new component, and compiling this instrument initially allowed me to
compile the component. However, when I make changes to the component file
these seem to be ignored by the compiler if it is run again in this
fashion. I have searched to see if the old version of the code has been
copied somewhere, but this does not seem to be the case.

What is the most straightforward way to compile a new component under McStas?

Thanks,

Stephen Begley.