[mcstas-users] installation...

Peter Willendrup pkwi at risoe.dtu.dk
Sat Oct 17 09:23:21 CEST 2009

Hello Daniel,

On 16/10/2009, at 22.10, Hussey, Daniel S. wrote:

> I'm having some problems with installing...I've tried to install on
> Windows XP, 32-bit and 64-bit systems.  I used the McStas-1.12a-i686-
> Win32.exe, and clicked "Next" all the way through, accepting the
> defaults.  When I execute the "Test McStas Installation" in the Help
> menu, I get the following output in the Mcgui:

This is actually a known problem - but probably has not been
documented properly - sorry about that!

Testing the installation from mcgui is broken in Windows. Instead try
running

mcrun --test

from a windows command window (cmd.exe). This however, does not test
the production of graphics.

If you want to test graphical output, please:

1) Pick Neutron_Site->Brookhaven->h8_test from the menu system in mcgui.
2) Press run for compilation, run again for simulation and assume
defaults
3) After the simulation finishes, press plot and you should get
something like the attached graphics.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--