[mcstas-users] install problem MPICH

robert.dalgliesh at stfc.ac.uk robert.dalgliesh at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 15:53:40 CET 2012

I haven’t managed to look at this yet but Peter suggested this when I asked a similar question in October last year for Ubuntu 10.10 onwards

Hi Rob,

Since you are trying to use mpd I guess that you have MPICH installed for parallelization? My suggestion would be to install openmpi instead:

apt-get install openmpi openmpi-devel

- and configure McStas to use that (mcstas_config.perl in /usr/local/lib/mcstas/tools/perl - put the relevant path to the mpirun and mpicc from the openmpi package). Openmpi uses an other transport mechanism that is not dependent on running an mpd process.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--

Peter Willendrup - Development engineer