[mcstas-users] problems with the c compiler

Boin, Mirko boin at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Sep 26 09:32:43 CEST 2014

Hi Anna,

I had the same (or similar) problem once and if I remember correctly I needed to adjust my registry.
On the "known problems"McStas webpage at the very bottom they say:

http://www.mcstas.org/download/install_windows/

*  If you are not able to start any simulation from mcgui - only getting back the mcrun --help or the text "press any key to continue", your Perl is likely not registered access all commandline parameters. This can be remedied by

  *   Starting the regedit.exe program
  *   Searching for keys with content C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe
  *   Ensure that any entry like that includes a final %* like this:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\perl.exe\shell\open\command = "C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe" "%1" %*

Could you try to check if your registry entries are correct as shown above.

Best wishes,
Mirko.