[mcstas-users] [EXTERNAL] Multiple samples in a single mcstas instrument?

Wildgruber, Christoph U. wildgrubercu at ornl.gov
Mon Jul 15 20:29:25 CEST 2019

Hi again,

so here is a little update…
To get my instrument with multiple instances of SANSCurve.comp (attached) compiled I had to
- or at least thats what I thought - move the functions “CountLines” and “LoadCurve” into the
main body of the instr(ument) file (attached). However despite the uneventful execution of
the code only the first of the five I(q) data sets was used to simulate a SANS curve.
Being suspicious about my understanding of how ‘split’ should/would work I cloned SANSCurve.comp
and used SANSCurve_1.comp … SANSCurve_5.comp.
Again the code ran without problems but still ignored all but the first I(q) data I specified.
At this point I started to wonder if there is a problem with the scope of the variables
 - especially “Q’ and ‘I’ - as defined in SANSCurve.
After renaming ‘I’ to “I-1’ … ‘I-5’ and ‘Q’ to ‘Q-1 … Q-5’ in my SANSCurve Clones I got the desired results.
I consulted the manual (and Lee Robertson :-) but still could not figure out how I should modifiy
my instrument and/or SANSCurve.comp.

I suspect there is a right way to do it and I am curious how that would look like.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Uli