[mcstas-users] Clarification on coordinate systems

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Jun 22 10:24:09 CEST 2021

Hi Andrew,

I am sure your speculation is right; natural left/right references should be with respect to the neutron travel direction.

That being said we have no official “standard” in this respect, but it would make sense to extend our NOMENCLATURE document in this direction.

https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/blob/master/mcstas-comps/NOMENCLATURE.md

Best,
Peter