[mcstas-users] Obsolete components

Alexandre Pinho Dos Santos Souza Alexandre.PinhoDosSantosSouza at inl.gov
Tue Oct 3 23:32:22 CEST 2023

Hello McStas team,

My name is Alexandre Pinho, and I have been a McStas user since 2018. I'd like to say that I was able to research and make good work using McStas. It's been a very useful tool; however, I'd like to ask you about those components that became obsolete during the current versions. Mainly those that import sources from MCNP, i.e., PTRAC and RSSA files with components Virtual_mcnp_input and Virtual_mcnp_ss_input, <https://mcstas.org/download/components/3.4/obsolete/Virtual_mcnp_input.html> respectively. Why are they obsolete in those new versions? In addition, I have tried to download and use version 2.5, but it's not functioning. Is part of the installation package unavailable or something? Thanks a lot for your attention!

Sincerely,

Alexandre Pinho dos Santos Souza, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
BEA Staff   |   Imaging & Diffraction
Alexandre.PinhoDosSantosSouza at inl.gov<mailto:Alexandre.PinhoDosSantosSouza at inl.gov>   | O: 208-533-8884 | C: 208-607-1391
Idaho National Laboratory   |  1955 Fremont Ave.   |   Idaho Falls, ID   |   83415

[cid:image001.png at 01D9F60E.CD263AB0]