[mcstas-users] (Experimental) McStas packages have hit conda-forge

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at dtu.dk
Wed Nov 29 18:02:25 CET 2023

Dear all,

Thanks to help from Thomas Kittelmann (ESS DMSC), McStas is now available on conda-forge!
(See https://github.com/conda-forge/mcstas-suite-feedstock/tree/main )

Initially we support only support Unix platforms Linux and macOS Intel, but macOS Silicon should come shortly.

The version tag of the packages is "3.4.7" meaning functionality-wise like McStas 3.4 but with minor improvements.
For next official McStas release everything should match between our classical binary-distributed platforms and conda-forge.

Should you experience problems, please write up a GitHub Issue at https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues

In preparation for forthcoming McStas 3.5 we are very much open to contributions:
Hence, if you have nice new component developments or new instrument files to contribute, please fork the our repo and
open a pull request adding the files at https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/pulls

Regards on behalf of the McStas team,

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Forskningsingeniør, Specialkonsulent

DTU Physics
[image001.gif]

Technical University of Denmark

[image002.gif]

Department of Physics
Fysikvej
Building 307
DK-2800 Kongens Lyngby

Main office at
ESS DMSC
COBIS, Ole Maaløes vej 3, 2200 København N, Denmark

Direct +45 2125 4612
Mobil +45 2125 4612
Fax +45 4593 2399
pkwi at dtu.dk