Mcstas example programs

stuart stuart at studsvik.uu.se
Fri Feb 12 11:39:50 CET 1999

Hello

I'm mailing from Studsvik, Sweden because we're interested in learning
about the Mcstas simulation package.  We eventually hope to use it to
assist us in the design of a reflectometer.

The simulation was installed on a digital unix system.  I was trying to
reproduce the results in the manual for the simulation of prisma by
using the example file prisma2.instr.  To start I used the command

  ./prisma2 --ncount=2e6 TT=-30 PHA=22 PHA1=-3 PHA2=-2 PHA3=-1 PHA4=0
PHA5=1 PHA6=2 PHA7=3 TTA=44

No counts register on the detector.  Although they are registered on the
monitor.  I wondered if you could tell me what's going wrong!

Thank you.

Regards,
Stuart Rycroft