[neutron-mc] Problem with `--no-runtime' option

Emmanuel Farhi farhi at ill.fr
Thu Apr 3 15:19:30 CEST 2003

Hello Timur,

The --no-runtime option for mcstas means that the 'standard'
library/tools for Monte Carlo are not embedded in the instrument source
code (.c). Anyway, most of the components require some of the functions
there-in. Thus, either you have to supply equivalents to the definitions
listed in mcstas-r.h (but this is probably not a good solution as it
requires a lot of work), or you have to link the libraries after the
creation of the .c. This is what I explain afterwards.
Thus, the right compilation process would be:
> mcstas  -t --no-runtime Laue_diff.instr
> gcc -c mcstas-r.c
The '-c' means 'just build the .o and do not link'.  This requires to
have access to mcstas-r.c and .h, either through copies (possibly
modified by you) or links.
If the symbol MCSTAS_VERSION is required, use: cc -c
-DMCSTAS_VERSION="External McStas run-time" mcstas-r.c
Then:
> gcc -o Laue_diff..out mcstas-r.o Laue_diff..c -lm
means, use the external mcstas-r object file, and link it

Good luck, Emmanuel.

--
What's up Doc ?
Emmanuel FARHI, http://www.ill.fr/tas/people/Farhi.html   \|/ ____ \|/