[mcstas-users] cross compiling mcstats

Willendrup, Peter Kjær pkwi at risoe.dtu.dk
Fri Dec 10 12:52:51 CET 2010

Hello there,

First of all, interesting that you want to compile for Arm - what is the target device? J (I did actually myself run a McStas simulation on a jailbroken iPhone with a complete gnu toolchain...)

Nothing has explicitly/properly been set up for cross-compilation, but you are welcome to inspire from what is done for Win32 in our build script:

http://trac.mccode.org/browser/branches/mcstas-1.x/mkdist

- . /configure actually never runs, targeting the Win32 platform (most things are handled by platform-defines directly in our ISO C code) but our Linux build-host executes an explicit make target for Windows - from Makefile.in:

mcstas.win32: $(COBJECTS)

         $(MINGW) -o mcstas.exe -DMCSTAS='"C:\\McStas\\lib"' $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(COBJECTS) -lm $(USE_NEXUS)

         $(MINGW) -o mcformat.exe -DMCSTAS='"C:\\McStas\\lib"' $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(DEFS) mcformat.c -lm $(USE_NEXUS)

Hope this helps,

Peter Willendrup