[mcstas-users] Perfect crystals

Erik B Knudsen erkn at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 28 11:34:30 CET 2015

Dear Peter,

This depends really on how perfect your crystal is. The Single_crystal component distributed with McStas
currently regards mosaicity as a gaussian approximation, and as such might not be appropriate for use
with perfect crystals.
In case of a Darwin width dominated crystal, we could possibly modify
the Perfect_crystal component that exists in McXtrace (the X-ray sister of McStas) to handle neutrons instead.
It has some other limitations but this can also be extended. This shouldn't be very difficult to do.

I guess the appropriate route depends a lot on what it is exactly you want to do and more details about the actual
crystals. Could you be a little more specific? For sure we'd be happy to help you along.

cheers
Erik

--
Erik Bergbäck Knudsen, Research Engineer | DTU | morituri
NEXMAP, DTU Fysik, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark |<>-<>| te