[mcstas-users] MCSTAS_FORMAT=gnuplot leads to wrong 1D detector output

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Feb 12 20:16:44 CET 2015

Dear Andre,

With which version of McStas did you experience this? - Under some very special circumstances McStas 2.0 can exhibit this type of issue.

It would also help to try reproducing the problem to know the exact system you are running on, i.e. what OS and which version.

I firmly believe the setting of MCSTAS_FORMAT to gnuplot will not affect anything: In the internal c-code of McStas the “gnuplot” format is actually unhandled and we revert to the traditional McStas or PGPLOT format. The setting of gnuplot only affects the tool-layer, i.e. mcplot etc.

Best,

Peter