[mcstas-users] MCSTAS_FORMAT=gnuplot leads to wrong 1D detector output

André Kusmin a.kusmin at tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 13 10:53:11 CET 2015

Dear Peter,
I am sorry, I forgot some basic rules of a bug report.

I have Slackware 14.1  64 bit multilib , and I had this problem for both
McStas 2.1 and McStas compiled from svn.
Some things do not work on Slackware out of the box, so I tested if this
problem is reproducible on Debian.
And it is the same behaviour on Debian.
  ( DebianEdu/Skolelinux  Release:    7.8 (wheezy)  Arch: amd64 )
where I installed McStas 2.1  stable release using following sequence
apt-get install mcstas-manuals-2.1
(this installed    mcstas-2.1 mcstas-comps-2.1 mcstas-manuals-2.1 )
  apt-get install mcstas-suite-python
then I manually installed pgplot5_5.2.2-19_amd64.deb
and then
apt-get install mcstas-suite mcstas-suite-perl mcstas-tools-perl-2.1
libpgplot-perl

The strangest thing to me is that when I run instrument-executable
compiled on Debian  (e.g. TestSANS.out)
on a machine with no mcstas (mcplot,etc) installed
I will get wrong 1D detector output file ! (with only one column out of
four) if I will issue
MCSTAS_FORMAT="gnuplot" before running
Setting MCSTAS_FORMAT="something" also leads to wrong results

So, I can't see how mcplot or other auxillary McStas tools can be a
source of the problem

I will test this behavior on Mac Os Maverics next time I will boot into
MacOs.

Hope this helps,
Andre

--
Dr André Kusmin
Department Radiation Science and Technology

phone:  +31 (0)15 278 4701
fax:    +31 (0)15 278 8303
e-mail:  a.kusmin at tudelft.nl