[mcstas-users] rssa source file

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Sep 11 16:23:09 CEST 2018

Dear Santiago,

First of all good to hear that the MCPL solution seems to work for you.

As I remember it could be the case that the _mcnp_ss_ components implement SSR/SSW I/O wrt. MCNPX - which could easily explain that the record sizes do not match up. (Esben Klinkby (cc:) may know the full details.)

In any case, I would indeed suggest a complete move to MCPL as that code makes diagnostics on the file format to ensure correct import of MCNP5, MCNP6 and MCNPX.

(I will even consider obsoleting the _mcnp_ss_ component files for next McStas release)

Best,

Peter Willendrup

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Forskningsingeniør, Speciakonsulent