[mcstas-users] definition parameters - version 3.1

Erik Bergbäck Knudsen erik.knudsen at copenhagenatomics.com
Tue May 3 09:55:02 CEST 2022

Dear Santiago,
No - DEFINITION parameters are no longer available in the 3.x-series, for
various technical reasons.
Please see
https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/wiki/HOWTO%3A-Modifying-a-McStas-2-component-for-use-under-McStas-3
and
https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/wiki/HOWTO%3A-Modifying-a-McStas-2-instrument-for-use-under-McStas-3
for instructions on how to modify your code such that it will work under 3.x
Rest assured :-) - it is usually rather easy to convert , but should you
run into problems the team is always happy to help.

... and on the bright side - definition parameters  tend to be difficult to
debug, so removing them will likely help you in the long run.
cheers
Erik