[mcstas-users] About McStas 3.3 and optimization mode

DIEGO RUBÉN ROMÁN OZUNA 201706683 at est.umss.edu
Tue Sep 12 04:55:46 CEST 2023

Hi
I hope this email finds you well.

Allow me to introduce myself; my name is Rubén Román, and I am currently
pursuing my undergraduate thesis at Universidad Mayor de San Simón, hailing
from Bolivia.

I am reaching out to seek assistance with a specific issue related to the
McStas software. Our team and I are deeply engaged in a project involving
the optimization of geometric parameters, specifically the L/D ratio, for a
collimator intended for neutron radiography.

In our quest for knowledge, we consulted the McStas software manual, which
led us to discover the presence of an instrument optimization mode.
Regrettably, we have encountered difficulties in accessing this mode within
the mcgui environment. It appears that this option eludes us and we need
guidance to leverage its capabilities effectively.

We would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you could offer us
regarding the utilization of this optimization mode within McStas.

Sincerely,

Ruben Roman