[mcstas-users] Including the complex part of the optical potential of Neutron in McStas

Ahmad Alqaisi aalqais2 at asu.edu
Sun Nov 5 21:52:02 CET 2023

Dear McStas team,

I'm new to McStas simulations. I would like to ask about the complex part
of the optical potential of Neutrons
                                              U=V-i*W*
Is it included in the reflectivity calculations for Neutron Guides?

If not, is there a way to add it to McStas? Can the complex part be added
as an additional formula to McStas? for example by adding a formula like
the one attached to this email

If you can provide me with a guidance on the script lines that would
achieve such a goal, that would be great

Best,
Ahmad Alqaisi,
Student Researcher at
Indiana University Bloomington, US