[neutron-mc] Mcformat Problems

Emmanuel FARHI farhi at ill.fr
Wed Nov 21 20:54:25 CET 2007

Hi Aaron,

That's nice you're using mcformat. The merging of virtual sources is not
in the high priority list, as usually these are simple files that may be
catenated using simple editors. Indeed, a virtual source file contains a
header, followed by events, one per line. To merge files manually, one has
to remove the second header (using something like a head/tail command in
Unix/Linux), and simply do a 'cat a b' or 'more a b'.
But in principle, I agree, this is not too much an effort to indeed
support virtual sources, so I'll do that some not too far day (but not too
close as well).
I've corrected the mcformat in our CVS, so that next release will fix the
C:\path1\c:\path2 bug that you reported.

I've also fixed a potential issue regarding MPI computation which stalls.
You just have to replace your current c:\mcstas\lib\share\mcstas-r.c. We
can not guaranty that this completely fixes the problem, and are currently
running large MPI tests. We would appreciate if you would re-run some
simulations that caused problems and could not perform entirely.

Thanks for keeping using McStas, and pushing us to improve the software.

Emmanuel and Peter.

--
FARHI Emmanuel <farhi at ill.fr>
Groupe DS/CS, ILL4/156, Tel 04 76 20 71 35