[neutron-mc] problem with my McStas and windows vista

Ricardo Lopez Anton ricardolopezanton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 15:54:32 CET 2007

Dear colleagues,

I've just installed McStas in my laptop but i'm having problems. I've just
tried to run the Vanadium example and I receive the message:

Translating instrument definition 'h8_test.instr' into C ...

mcstas -t -o "h8_test.c" "h8_test.instr"

Compiling simulation h8_test.instr

Warning: 'Source_flat' is an obsolete component (not maintained).

Warning: 'Monochromator' is an obsolete component (not maintained).

Job finished.

Compiling C source 'h8_test.c' ...

gcc.exe -o "h8_test.exe" "h8_test.c" -lm

Compiling simulation h8_test.instr

gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory

Job exited abnormally.

I.e., it doesn't work (I've tried with different instruments but it's always
the same) but in my desktop computer at work it works properly. My laptop
has windows vista whereas my desktop computer has Windows XP.

How this could be solved?

Thank you very much.

Dr. Ricardo Lopez Anton