[neutron-mc] problem with my McStas and windows vista

Peter Kjaer Willendrup peter.willendrup at risoe.dk
Sun Dec 2 22:06:15 CET 2007

Hello Ricardo and neutron-mc,

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Ricardo Lopez Anton wrote:

> I've just installed McStas in my laptop but i'm having problems. I've just
> tried to run the Vanadium example and I receive the message:
>
> I.e., it doesn't work (I've tried with different instruments but it's always
> the same) but in my desktop computer at work it works properly. My laptop
> has windows vista whereas my desktop computer has Windows XP.
>
> How this could be solved?

Currently, McStas is not officially supported on Windows Vista, however
Andrei Savici (from ORNL) has reported partial succees in fixing
the problem you also see. I will forward his experiences to you outside of
this mailinglist.

Vista has only just arrived at Risoe, and I have not had the possibility
of testing McStas on this platform yet. I will get a copy of Vista as soon as
possible and try to have things working for McStas 1.12.

Best regards,

Peter

--
Peter Kjaer Willendrup, Cand. Scient