[mcstas-users] Question regarding scan

אלעד כספי caspie at nrcn.org.il
Tue Mar 17 12:07:19 CET 2009

Dear fellows,

I am a neutron user, new to the field of neutron beam tracking. I had started using mcstas few weeks ago. During my toying with the program, I had managed to describe a simple diffraction setup with a 1D disk detector. I would like to perform a scanning procedure with this detector, using the scan option. However, it seems as if mcstas (version 1.12), while in the scan option, "does not" take into consideration the number of "neutron counts" I am asking it to use. The resulting data have the same statistics when I use either 1000 neutron counts, or 100000000 neutron counts. Whenever I perform only one point (NO SCAN) the difference between the data resulted from different values of "neutron counts" is obvious both in the calculation time and the statistics.

I would appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Sincerely,

El'ad Caspi.

This email has been scaned by PrivaWall