[mcstas-users] Can' Scan McStas3 on Win11

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at dtu.dk
Thu Jun 13 21:12:21 CEST 2024

Hi Todd

I believe we are no longer sensitive to the mention proxy issue, and this should have nothing to do with the issue you mention.
- And there should be no reason to reinstall anything if you are able to bring up the gui.

Can you elaborate a bit on how you are attempting to scan - and how it fails for you? (e.g. send me a screenshot)

To run a scan in mcgui:
- Bring up the “run dialogue”
- Supply the scan-range by adding e.g. 0,1 (no whitespace) in a parameter entry box
- Supply the wanted number of steps e.g. 11

To run a scan on the commandline
- use mcrun and supply parameter range and number of steps using e.g.

mcrun instrument.instr par1=0,1 -N11

Best,
Peter

Sherlinete at ornl.gov wrote:

HI all,

I cannot perform parameter scans using my installation of McStas 3.4.  I am running on a 64 bit Windows 10 Enterprise machine.
I noticed that there are specific installation instructions for the case when my machine is behind a proxy server.  I am at the SNS, so I assume that is the case, but I did not follow those instructions when I installed the McStas 3.4 Metapackage.  Could this be the reason I cannot run a scan?  Other than the problem with scans, the installation seems to work fine.  Should I try reinstalling it using the instructions specific to proxy servers?

Any other ideas why this problem may crop up?

Best,
Todd.

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Forskningsingeniør, Specialkonsulent